I find that it is sometimes very easy to categorize people into what genre of music they listen to by how they dress.
1) girls in yoga pants, ugg boots, and a PINK shirt/sweatshirt
pop/rap aka, Justin Bieber, One Direction loving girls
2) guys in a Hollister etc shirt, dark wash jeans, chunky gym shoes, you know the ones, the kind basketball players wear, but this white kid from the suburbs probably plays on his private tennis court far more than basketball.
also pop/rap with the occasional Taylor Swift jam-sesh in his room at night
3) black chick, this is just a generalization, don’t take this the wrong way, big sunglasses, even bigger earrings, juicy couture track suit. With so much lady swag you can feel it from across the room, and she makes sure her badass self is noticed.
hardcore rap, gospel
4) dreadlocks, rasta backpack, dirty boots. STONER ALERT.
to be very specific, Bob Marley, and anything they can play on guitar with their feet
5) black hair, black shirt, black ripped up jeans, black boots/Vans, black hoodie, black eyeliner
death metal, pirate metal etc.
6) (people like me, aka the cool kids) band t-shirts, tattoos, gauges, skinny jeans, but also wear eh, regular , jeans, normal hair, and normal amount of make up.
to be very specific
A Day To Remember, Sleeping with Sirens, Mayday Parade, Pierce the Veil, Blink-182, Tonight Alive, the Summer Set, A Loss For Words, Forever the Sickest Kids, Motionless in White, Of Mice and Men, Suicide Silence, Sworn In, We the Kings, Upon this Dawning.
Need I go on?